Mental Health Directory
Access information on mental health services in Kensington & Chelsea
Later this month, Kensington and Chelsea Mind wil be taking over the site that has been lovingly develped by Farm the City in north Kensington. Sadly, the creators of this great project can no longer devote the time to keep the site going and have asked Mind to take it over. We are delighted to carry on the good work as it gives us the opportunity to expand our EcoMind's programme.
We are committed to the vision, ethos and practice of Farm the City and feel priviliged to carry on the good work. From September, we will be adding to our ecotherapy programme when Farm the City becomes "Growing Minds" ~ a social and therapeutic horticulture project specialising in edibles and ornamentals. We are fortunate in retaining some of the skills and vision for the project in our staff member Emma who will be working with us to "bed down" the transition - no pun intended.
Kensington and Chelsea Mind’s EcoMind's programme runs two other ecotherapy projects:
• Level 1 City and Guilds training in Horticulture Skills
• Environmental and wildlife conservation work experience at Meanwhile Wildlife Garden
We also offer “green” work opportunities:
• Working Minds: a social enterprise offering supported work opportunities in gardening and landscaping for graduates of our City and Guilds Horticulture course
• Referrals can be taken from primary care professionals and community mental health teams
• Applicants must have a GP or mental health professional registered to RBK&C
• Applicants must be over 18 and live in RBK&C
For more information, please contact Deena Kestenbaum or Emma Brooks on 020 8960 6336