Grenfell Tower Fire
staff at Kensington and Chelsea Mind are shocked at the terrible news
of the fire at Grenfell Tower.
major emergency plan was activated earlier in response to the fire and local
authority liaison officers are working directly with emergency services at the
The psychiatric and community teams from Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust are working with the Emergency Services and the Council to support people affected. Parkside CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services) - in the area of the fire - is open for routine and walk-in appointments. You can call them on 020 8383 6123.
An emergency rest centre is open at Portobello Rugby Club, Walmer Road, W11 4EY.
contact number has been set up for anyone concerned for loved ones, please call
the casualty bureau on 0800 0961 233.
who are displaced due to the fire please call 020 7361 3008.
At present the
council's focus is on supporting the rescue and relief operation. The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea website will be updated throughout the day.
Cheslea Mind has been contacting service users who may be affected by the fire
to ensure they are safe and supported and we are available to the Council's
major emergency planning officer to help in any way we can over the days and
- Support for Grenfell - Information on where to find emotional support for all those affected by the Grenfell Tower disaster including; community support, tools and useful information and listening support for staff and service users at local organisations
- Single Point of Access - provides a first point of contact for people wishing to access adult community mental health services.
Telephone: 0800 0234 650 | Email: email@example.com
- NHS leaflet - Coping with stress following a major incident
- Westway Trust have set up an emergency refuge area at the Westway Sports and Fitness Centre, 1 Crowthorne Road, W10 6RP
- Offical information from Kensington and Chelsea Social Council
- The Mind Advice Line is open for anyone needing help, information and signposting for mental health issues - 020 8964 1333
The following local community organisations are open for general help and support:
- Venture Centre, 103A Wornington Rd, London W10 5YB – offering safe space for cup of tea
- Migrants Organise, 2 Thorpe Cl, London W10 5XL - offering tea, company, safe place to talk
- Colart United, The Studio Building, 21 Evesham St, London W11 4AJ - hot drinks, space to rest or wifi
- Gate Theatre, 11 Pembridge Road, Notting Hill, W11 3HQ - quiet place to think, wifi, a shower or need some company
- Ilys Booker under 5s, Verity Close, W11 1SL
- Maxilla Social Club, 2 Maxilla Walk, London W10 6NQ
- QPR, Loftus Road, S Africa Rd, Shepherd's Bush, London W12 7PJ - doors and facilities at Loftus Road are open